4HA allows you to create and categorise devices in a number a ways whether the devices are 'on-net' SIP devices or alternatively if they are 'off-net' numbers that you may wish to refer to / forward calls on to. For example, you may wish a call flow to forward to an off-net number (perhaps a call minding service or a mobile phone) if a call is unanswered. To do this:
- Add a new 'Device' of type 'Land Line'
- As usual, assign the device a 'Name' (e.g. 'CallMindingService')
- Enter the number of the off-net number you wish to refer calls on to
- You may also elect to assign the device to a user by select the user in the 'Belongs To' field but for this scenario the device will typically be left unassigned
- When finished ensure you press 'Save'
You are now able to refer to this device - this 'device' in essence being an off-net number - in any call flow by dragging and dropping a 'Device' from the 'Actions' > 'Advanced' menu visible on the right hand side when adding or editing a call flow.